Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 11, 2002  4:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Teaching question

david,

as i read your response to my post, it occurs to me that perhaps all
these different theories on registers are the result of different people
trying to find proof that what they feel is 'the right way'. and while each
one can present what seems to be a logical explaination for why they think a
certain way, we all still have to rely on feel to get a desired result.
this is the only reason why some teacher who talks like 'miss cleo, the tarot
card reader', can get results while someone with great knowledge of the
workings of the larynx might be greated by blank stares.

thanks,
mike

emusic.com