Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 8, 2002  4:23 pm
Subject:  Re: listening for improper procedure

You could add tongue tension, lifting head when singing higher notes,
posture, jaw tension.

Also, I can't remember now but I think it may have been Miller who
said that Vibrato was a good indicator of how healthy a voice was so
that may be worth investigating from a technique point of view.

I'll tell you what you might find very useful, at least I did, was
the papers on technique by Gilles Denizot which you can find at
http://gillesdenizot.com

There are also quite a few articles in English on the Atelier du
Chant which deal with technique issues such as various tensions and
breathing.

I'm hoping that someone out there will write you a long spiel on
breathing because I wouldn't know where to start with that.

If you're thinking of going into teaching then I think you should
definitely sit down and read Richard Miller "Training Soprano
Voices". I have been reading it recently and it is a mindblowingly
BRILLIANT book for technique and training. In fact, for the time
being I consider it as my singing bible!

I hope some of this is helpful. I can't be as technical as other
people out there because I don't teach and still have a long way to
go with building up my own vocal technique!!

Kirsty

emusic.com