Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Susan Schneider" <smschneider@e...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  6:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

Hi, again,

I loved Judy's suggestions for shopping and I certainly sympathise with her
design considerations. The destruction of that beautiful silk fabric must
have been heartbreaking!

So I forgot to offer my solutions about where to find all this stuff one
must have on hand to wear. Up in this part of the US is a discount store
called Daffy's where I've found some great buys, especially on accessories
like scarves and jackets. Lately, I've found dresses at Macy's and Lord &
Taylor's during end-of-season clearance sales, when they're getting rid of
current season stuff to make room for next season. The newspapers print
coupons for percentages off the sale prices, so you can usually find a
bargain - even at those stores - if you really look. At Macy's I found a
great Jones New York velvet dress on clearance in February for $39.00 and at
Lord & Taylor I got 2 Liz Claiborne dresses for about $30 each!! Luckily,
I'm a size 8 or 10, but I'm short and need a fuller cut in the skirt, if you
know what I mean, so style/cut is important and sometimes difficult to find.
You just have to go often and keep looking. I know we all have nothing
better to do with our time than shop!!!

Susan Schneider

emusic.com