Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Wed Mar 6, 2002  6:50 pm
Subject:  Licensing board for teachers (was: RE: can we discuss lesson prices?)

Melinda wrote:

> Also, it is my opinion that until we have some sort of licensing
> board for teachers of voice, we will continue to not be respected as
> we should be.

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how you would measure the
quality of a teacher in front of licensing board. My mental model for
learning an artistic skill has always been one of apprenticeship -- the
teacher is the master of the art and I am apprenticing with them. But
how do you license mastery of an art?

Ingo

17826 Re: Licensing board for teachers (was: RE: can weImthurn Melinda   Thu  3/7/2002
17832 Re: Licensing board for teachersReg Boyle   Thu  3/7/2002

emusic.com