Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  9:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

In a message dated 03/05/2002 2:12:47 PM Central Standard Time,
mimthurn@y... writes:

<< From my experience, when I got my MA, I raised my rate
by $10 per hour. For all new students, I simply
quoted them that rate. For continuing students, I
raised by $5 first, then $5 again a few months later. This worked well -
paying an extra $20 a month and then another $20 a month a few months later
allowed my
students to adjust their budgets. No one even questioned the raise and I
lost no students. >>

I'm agonizing over raising mine $4!!! I raised my rate by $2/hour about a
year ago, and lost one (the very proimising kid whose mother smoked 2 packs
of cigarettes a day). I'm still on the low end and my kids did quite well at
contest (at least so far) so I'm not too worried, but I'm by my very nature
such a cheapskate that I worry other people will be as well....

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com