Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  11:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Don't you hate it when...

In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:44:06 PM Central Standard Time, sopran@a...
writes:

> The way I look at it is, my voice is my voice. I'm not a little girl any
> more--I'm a powerful, intelligent and assertive woman with something
> important to say. So is Karen. Are you saying that there is no place in
> opera
> for people like us? Please explain.

I'm saying the only place for you is opera. Unfortunately, the demand for
opera is very, very small. Bacause of this a lot of fine singers never see
the light of day.

The rub is that they develop such an operatic sound that they then can't
pursure opportunities in other areas of music even if they want to. To do
so they would need to retool the way they sing.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com