Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  6:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Don't you hate it when...

i agree...be sure to have these mezzo roles in your
rep...at least that is what my mentors have told
me...as for "o don fatale" i was at a master class a
few weeks ago and a really good mezzo sang this (she
is 25) and the master class teacher (a coach at the
met) said that they generally expect to hire a
dramatic soprano or someone a lot older...and that she
needn't bother with it for about another 10 years...no
matter how well she sings it. I know that it stinks
to have to be patient and no one looks forward to
getting older really...but now you have something to
look forward to!!!!
christine