Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  5:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Mic placement to record a vocal quintet

Thank you, Reg Boyle, for alerting me to the possibility of creating
a hole in the center and to the potential problem of mics out of
phase. Thanks also to those of you who responded privately.

I found a rental place right in my neighborhood that recommended a
pair of Neumann UA87s. They'll let me have them from Wednesday
morning until Friday morning and call that one day at $35 per mic.
I'm going to go with that. I'll have a full day to experiment with
them (without the other singers) before making the recording.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)