Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  3:38 pm
Subject:  Video camera for studio?

I had some students perform last night and it's always so interesting to me
to see things I can't see in their lessons because I'm simultaneously
listening and playing the piano and if I look up, I hit even more wrong notes
than usual. My last studio recital was videotaped and it was invaluable at
pointing out things to kids -- jaws sticking out, weird arm movements, stuff
like that. I'd like to be able to address those things BEFORE they're in
front of an audience, and so I'm thinking of getting a video camera for my
studio. I figure I'm best off with something that I can use immediately in
the VCR rather than some fancy digital technology, because most everyone has
a VCR at the very least. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good
(not necessarily great) camera? Should I go the used route, since this
technology is being phased out? (I'm thinking of that because of my
difficulties a few months back in finding a cassette deck that records --
they don't make 'em anymore!)

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17793 Re: Video camera for studio?EdgewoodVoiceStudio   Wed  3/6/2002
17795 Re: Video camera for studio?Ms Christine Zimmermann   Wed  3/6/2002
17799 Re: Video camera for studio?sopran@a...   Wed  3/6/2002
17810 Re: Video camera for studio?Mezzoid@a...   Wed  3/6/2002
17823 Re: Video camera for studio?Ms Christine Zimmermann   Thu  3/7/2002
17824 Re: Video camera for studio?Mezzoid@a...   Thu  3/7/2002

emusic.com