Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Mar 2, 2002  7:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

@kscable.com writes:

<< .I know in my mind I would be looking for another instructor.

Even if your fabulous new teacher raised her rates?

Judy

If my fabulous new teacher doubled her rates I would dump her. It's just rude
and inconsiderate of your students to suddenly decide you are hot stuff and need
double your rate. My old teacher decided to raise her rate after a
semester...she didn't double it but she did raise it. She gave out a letter
before Christmas break advising everyone that she would be taking students by a
semester..and that the bill would be for the whole semester billable in 4
instalments. It was nicely done and didn't run anyone off...except me...and I
left for other reasons.

Lea Ann

emusic.com