Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun Mar 3, 2002  6:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] classical songs for non-classical people

Dolphin aura wrote:

> I'm looking for a song to use for an audition for
> people who do not really know classical music. but i
> want them to be "wowed". please help. thank you.

I don't know your voice type.

However, the better known the work the better. And short is
good. Classical music that has been used in movies is
always a good bet, because people have familiarity with it.
So if you're a soprano, "O mio babbino caro" is a good
choice. If you're a mezzo, the Habanera from Carmen is
good. A tenor, La donna e mobile or Nessun dorma. A
baritone, the Toreador's song. And so forth.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com