Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 3, 2002  2:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] THINGS AREN'T SO SIMPLE RE can we discuss lesson prices?

I think it comes down to the value the students perceive they are getting. I
increased my rate in my Naperville studio by 67% a few years ago and lost no
one. I was charging what most teachers working with high school clients were
at the time (that is my population base out there, in Chicago it's adults)
and now it is appreciably more. The reason I was able to do this is that my
clients out there (and the many who are on a waiting list) believe in what I
do, that it is unique in the area, and are aware of the successes the studio
has had.

If you're good at what you do, and your students believe that, they will pay
more.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com