Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Mar 2, 2002  1:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

WAAY too low. I charged $25 fresh from an undergrad vocal ped course 8 years
ago.
(And my paltry two students raved about what they learned!) I agree with
Randy. You should be charging $50 an hour. $40 at the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM if $50
feels uncomfortable to you.
TinaO

Yes but where do you live? What are others in your area charging? Telling her
just to double her rate without a clue as to what others are charging is not
very smart. In order to get 50 dollars a lesson in this area you had better be
something special and you had better be in Kansas City. Here in the capitol
CIty...that would never ever fly. Especially from someone with a BA. How would
you spring your new doubled rate on your current students and expect them to
stay with you....I know in my mind I would be looking for another instructor.

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17730 Re: can we discuss lesson prices?Sharon Szymanski   Sat  3/2/2002
17734 Re: can we discuss... Sharon's studio mottoEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Sat  3/2/2002

emusic.com