Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Sat Mar 2, 2002  6:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

Friday, March 01, 2002, 10:13:54 PM, Deanna wrote:

E> This is my question. Is $25 per hour (for monthly prepaid lessons…..
E> $12.5 per lesson for 30 minutes) okay for a teacher with 20 years
E> lesson teaching (10 years full time).. a bachelors degree in music
E> education and amateur musictheatre & classical performing experience,
E> amateur jazz singing experience and 17 paid years as a contemporary
E> music church soloist, choir director??

Hi, Deanna,

Is your studio full? Do you have a waiting list? If so, with your
experience, definitely consider raising your prices - the serious
students won't object (regardless of whether or not they are amateurs,
they can still be serious students), the not-so-serious will weed
themselves out, and you'll make room for new students.

Also, how many other voice teachers are out there in your area? What
do they charge? That's your best guage for how to price lessons -
every economic area is different.

If you'd like specifics on my situation you can email me privately.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbryantsprint/music_business.htm

emusic.com