Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Sat Mar 2, 2002  1:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Miracle cure - I need my voice!

>My voice now has "holes" in it: what's there is raspy, growly,
>hoarse. I've lost some of my middle register. ..

Lana, I've just recently had this happen to me as well; in fact I had to
take a sudden month off from my church job to accommodate and give time
off to my swiss cheese voice. I don't know what causes it (though it was
preceded by the virus) and I've tried many of the same remedies already
mentioned, especially lots of water. Mainly, though, time seems to be
the best friend. Thanks for your post. When I lost my middle register I
thought it was something unusual happening to me. Guess it's something
unusual -- happening to many of us! --Erica

emusic.com