Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@d...>
Date:  Fri Mar 1, 2002  11:32 pm
Subject:  RE: RE: [vocalist] eModel says Goodbye

Yes, but the trick is that somehow they're getting their messages
through to these groups without being subscribed to them. This is
something that's not supposed to be able to be done, but clearly is
happening. For us non-bots, we have to be subscribed to a list in order
to post messages to it. When I've tried to send a message to a group
I'm a member of, but forgot to change which one of my gajillion e-mail
addresses it was being sent from, it would get bounced back to me with a
message indicating that this e-mail address is not subscribed to that
group.

That's what I find to be interesting about this latest kind of spam.

Laura

June wrote.....
There are "bots" --software robots--that search lists, web pages etc for

email addresses for compilation into a marketing database. Valid email
addresses--particularly those with an identifiable interest, such as
classical music, or golf, or antiques-- are a valuable commodity these
days.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17716 Re: eModel says GoodbyePJ. Garner   Fri  3/1/2002
17719 Re: eModel says GoodbyeJohn Link   Sat  3/2/2002

emusic.com