Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 26, 2002  7:07 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: Teaching question

He's 16. Perhaps my question should have been, how
will I know his voice has finished changing?

Right now his lowest note is A2 (a tenth below middle
C), and his highest note is debatable. He vocalized up
to F5 (octave and a half above middle C) in our
lesson, but unless he decides to be a countertenor, he
won't be using that kind of tone to sing with much.

Where does the passagio between chest and head
normally occur for men? And does it work the same as
it does for women? Are (classically trained) men
supposed to sing mostly in chest? Or do tenors do the
same thing sopranos do?

Jennifer

> Around 25 to 30 years of age. How old is he
> currently?

17676 Re: Teaching questionJoe Gargano   Wed  2/27/2002
17884 Re: Teaching questionLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  3/10/2002
17892 Re: Teaching questionJennifer   Sun  3/10/2002

emusic.com