Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Sun Feb 24, 2002  1:57 am
Subject:  announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour

The Vancouver Chamber Choir, conductor Jon Washburn, will be on tour
March 3 - 17 giving workshops and concerts with an eclectic mix of
repertoire including Janequin's Le Chant des Oyseaux, Lotti's
Crucifixus, madrigals by Weelkes, Barber's Reincarnations, Schafer's
Alleluia, Bernstein's French Choruses from "The Lark", Smith's Sound
Canticle on Bay Psalm 23, Gershwin/Washburn's Lullaby, Rutter's
Childhood Lyrics and other pieces.
Here's our itinerary:
March 3 and 4, Thunder Bay Ontario;
5 - 8, Ottawa (our début at the National Arts Centre);
10, Dayton Ohio;
11, Mount Pleasant Iowa;
12, Iowa City Iowa;
13 -15, Des Moines Iowa (American Choral Directors Convention);
16, Calgary Alberta.
If any listers can make it to a concert, I would love to meet you. I'm
the bald tenor with the silver beard :-D , I'm usually mingling with the
crowds at the front of the house.
Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com