Vocalist.org archive

From:  "didigirl12000" <didigirl1@j...>
Date:  Wed Feb 20, 2002  8:26 pm
Subject:  Re: Singing lessons

>>Singing with grit and rasp is a delicate matter
indeed. It is something that I still struggle with to
this day. Sometimes I
get it where it feels fine, other times it stresses my
throat and hurts.
That is when I am pushing too hard I believe. What
makes it sound that way
is the result of overdriving the vocal cords.>>

Don't those symptoms in themselves indicate that you are pushing your
voice in a manner that is harmful to it or for it? Is that
"pushing too hard" part of what you were taught in those methods of
singing that you referred to? I don't get how that can be beneficial
to the health of your voice, in any manner, regardless of what style
of music you are singing.

Didi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17635 Re: Singing lessonsDenis J. Lanza   Thu  2/21/2002
17638 Re: Singing lessonshelmutti2000   Thu  2/21/2002
17639 Re: Singing lessonshelmutti2000   Thu  2/21/2002

emusic.com