Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 19, 2002  8:47 am
Subject:  Annette Bod

Greetings!!!

I want to know if any of you know anything about a mezzo called
Annette Bod? Recordings?? etc.

I have always thought that Callas was the only true Carmen (in
Bizet's opera) and for years have been singing along with the tape in
my car (until the tape player was stolen from the car - probably by
some poor sod stuck behind me in a traffic jam having to listen to
my "cat in pain" impressions!!!!)

UNTIL LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Last night I heard Annette Bod sing Carmen at the opera house in
Copenhagen and she has the most amazing voice!!! My listing of
favourite singers has been modified over night and she has taken the
No. 1 place (I even placed her in front of Bartoli!!!). All I need
now is more info about her and recordings if any one knows of any!!!

In the meantime, I am going back tomorrow night to watch it again
before I leave here!!!!!!

Thanks
Kirsty

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17626 Re: Annette BodKarin Mandix   Wed  2/20/2002

emusic.com