Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Feb 18, 2002  11:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Oratorio solos anthology for soprano?

Jennifer Sherley wrote:

> I would like a recommendation for an anthology of
> solos from oratorios for soprano. I know there are
> many out there. I have purloined one from a soprano
> friend which is published by...Dover? (I don't have
> it here with me as I left it in my office at school.)
> Seems like a cheap publication, but I think it covers
> the "chestnuts." My beau has an "Anthology of Sacred
> Song" (for bass) published by Schirmer which seems to
> be very complete. I'd like to browse in a music store
> to compare selections and editing, but I haven't got a
> great one nearby!

There is another Schirmer anthology - larger and with a
shiny cover. I think it's called Oratorio Anthology, or
something like that. It's got nice selections, and the
accompaniments to baroque era arias are more in current
baroque style than the old sacred song anthology.

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com