Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer Sherley <voiceslp@y...>
Date:  Sun Feb 17, 2002  5:02 am
Subject:  Oratorio solos anthology for soprano?

Hello listers,

I would like a recommendation for an anthology of
solos from oratorios for soprano. I know there are
many out there. I have purloined one from a soprano
friend which is published by...Dover? (I don't have
it here with me as I left it in my office at school.)
Seems like a cheap publication, but I think it covers
the "chestnuts." My beau has an "Anthology of Sacred
Song" (for bass) published by Schirmer which seems to
be very complete. I'd like to browse in a music store
to compare selections and editing, but I haven't got a
great one nearby!

I've recently had the idea to learn a passel of
oratorio solos/arias for the purpose of auditioning
for local choir performances and the like. I'm not an
aspiring professional or trying to build a career, but
I think it would be fun to get to sing some of these
solos that I've enjoyed from the choir seat. Ideally,
one would own the full choral score -- I DO have
Messiah, at least -- but, as I said, I'm not building
a career so I don't think I need to invest in
purchasing a truckload of scores. :)

Thanks,
Jen S.

http://sports.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17596 Re: Oratorio solos anthology for soprano?Margaret Harrison   Mon  2/18/2002
17605 Re: Oratorio solos anthology for soprano?Sharon Szymanski   Tue  2/19/2002

emusic.com