Vocalist.org archive

From:  Morgan Godfrey <semplico_blu@y...>
Date:  Sat Feb 16, 2002  7:51 pm
Subject:  Graduate and Doctoral Programs

Hello Group,
My Name is Morgan and I am currently attend SFA in
Nacogdoches,Texas under the vocal direction of Dr.
David Jones. I very much enjoy reading all of your
opinions on the voice and things in relation there of.
I have recently began collecting information on
Graduate and Doctoral Programs in the U.S. and in
England. But have run into a problem, narrowing it
down! It's so hard to judge which are programs that
would best suit me. Here ,at SFA, we are all taught to
sing with the Heavy Mechanism. And I would like to
continue under that style when I go to a graduate
program. But that type of information is not in School
mailings. And I do not have the money or TIME to visit
and talk to the 20 or so schools I am currently
considering. I am just looking for guidance. Does
anyone have any advise or suggestions? Am I going
about this all wrong?
Anxiously awaiting advise,
Morgan Godfrey