Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Feb 16, 2002  4:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Healthy belting..Mezzoid's post

In a message dated 02/16/2002 8:19:22 AM Central Standard Time,
drama_diva_au@y... writes:

<< I think it's shameful that this looser wasn't talented enough to elecite
a positive result or admit his own defeat and put his own failure onto you
like that. What a negative experience. One reason I am sometimes a little
wary of my students participating in masterclasses where I don't know the
mentor.

Actually, he had been positive with other people prior to me - all of whom
were belters who had trouble bridging into their upper register. It was me,
the non-belter, who he couldn't help. Which just confirmed my opinion (I
know, not everyone else's) that belting is something innate and if you
haven't got it, you aren't going to. (Again, I know that's not everyone's
opinion, but it is mine; and as a result, I don't try to teach it and will
send someone to someone else if that's what they really want.)

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com