Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 15, 2002  6:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: Healthy belting..Mezzoid's post

In a message dated 02/15/2002 11:55:53 AM Central Standard Time,
EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a... writes:

<< The high mix that a poster a few back is describing isn’t what you were
doing in the workshop, probably… and knocking the key down of a song to
try to help the person “find” that mix ..is something I do too (I also
use The Rose a LOT to help people find a good belt/chest sound).. it’s
hard to describe in writing. >>

What bothered me is that the song already was low! He never let me get
beyond measure SIX of the song, so he didn't even hear if I was doing
anything later in the song that could be of use in helping me find whatever
he was looking for. I've never had that happen or witness that happen in a
master class. I've always seen clinician allow you to sing an entire song
and then go back and work a portion.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17564 Re: Healthy belting..Mezzoid's postMezzoid@a...   Sat  2/16/2002
17569 Re: Healthy belting..Mezzoid's postdclark   Sat  2/16/2002
17570 Re: Healthy belting..Mezzoid's postMezzoid@a...   Sat  2/16/2002

emusic.com