Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  9:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 2/14/02 1:11:35 PM Central Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

> I've heard that before and wonder if that is for certain types of voices
> only(eg: lighter, more delicate mechanisms), as I belted my fool head off
> my
> entire childhood into my early 20s, bringing my raw chest up to Eb at the
> top
> of the staff, and it did not damage my voice at all

I did this also, into my late 30s-and wound up with a polyp on one of my
cords. I also have a light, "coloraturish" voice--which was a surprise to
me................But maybe this is true, that the lighter, more delicate
voices are more easily damaged by belting.

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17525 Recording on a PCJennifer   Fri  2/15/2002
17538 Re: Recording on a PCbrian   Fri  2/15/2002

emusic.com