Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  5:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Audition experience

In a message dated 05/18/2000 10:14:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
kandahar@i... writes:

<< [Have I ever mentioned the time the cottage deck--with myself and all
guests on it--collapsed in one spot during my solo at a wedding? >>

During my very first role (Princess Margaret in The Stupid Prince), I was
standing at the front of the stage, singing my big solo in the duet "Just We
Two" when all of a sudden one of the dancers gracefully waltzing around the
stage kicked me in the head. My brain registered, "Hey, I just got kicked in
the head," but I kept singing ... of course, later in the show I had a line
entrance and my hat fell off and I was stupefied... then again, I can sing on
autopilot but dialog tends to make me a lot more nervous... especially back
then...

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com