Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne-Louise Klaus <alklaus@y...>
Date:  Wed Feb 13, 2002  10:14 pm
Subject:  Pop-style Broadway

Hello!

I have a student who is 12 years old and who, in
addition, to some of the more classical songs I am
having her do, would love to do something from the
Broadway "pop-style" musical rep. (aka The Wiz, Mame,
Rent, etc.). Do you have any ideas for something that
wouldn't put too much stress on a beginner with, when
the coordination works, a nice 12-year old soprano
sound?

Also, in terms of finding the music, can non-jazz
pianists handle a fake book or is there an anthology
with piano arrangements that would have this type of
music in it? The Musical Theater Anthology pieces
aren't poppish/contemporary enough for her.

Thanks for your help!

Anne-Louise Klaus

17473 Re: Pop-style BroadwayMezzoid@a...   Wed  2/13/2002
17476 Re: Pop-style Broadwaybuzzcen@a...   Wed  2/13/2002
17480 Re: Pop-style BroadwayODivaTina@a...   Wed  2/13/2002
17481 Re: Pop-style BroadwayJulia Farmer   Thu  2/14/2002
17482 Re: Pop-style BroadwayODivaTina@a...   Thu  2/14/2002
17483 Re: Pop-style Broadwaybuzzcen@a...   Thu  2/14/2002
17485 Re: Pop-style BroadwayODivaTina@a...   Thu  2/14/2002
17490 Re[2]: [vocalist] Pop-style BroadwayVicki Bryant   Thu  2/14/2002
17493 Re: classical and then beltingEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Thu  2/14/2002

emusic.com