Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  2:37 am
Subject:  Re:

At 09:20 AM 5/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Colin wrote:
>

>>>If I have ever had one criticism of vocalist it has been the tendency towards PC. It is so much more interesting when people let their hair down a bit more.
>

>I'm not sure what you mean by this statement. I certainly respect differences of opinion, but I don't think it is necessary for people to be rude.

I was just reading a handout at a hospital I do work for that was concerned with cultural awareness. It mentioned how loud and aggressive people are seen as unintelligent in Asian cultures. I must say that in my experience the people "who let their hair down" are often the least constructive and the most ill-informed. My father has always said "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." I have met more people that thought they had the voice all figured out when, in fact, they didn't know the first thing about what they were saying. I think that there is a lot to be said for prudence.

Having said that, I shall return to the listening-thinking mode.

Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 714/596-3344

emusic.com