Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  1:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vocal Masterclass

Dear Leo,

Willard is certainly based in England, but I have a
sneeking suspicion that he's American actually. He
certainly studied at Julliard. Perhaps another kind
lister could tell us? He lives in South East London
if that's any interest?

Bruce Hubbard was a wonderful bass-baritone from
America. Really one of the most glorious voices I
have ever heard. First came to my attention in the
Opera North production of Showboat which I saw in
Glasgow in 1991. I was absolutely gob-smacked by this
wonderfully rich, robust, gleaming golden sound that
poured, no rolled around the auditorium. He's on the
recording with Frederica von Stade. He also made some
other recital discs which are quite hard to get, but
worth buying if you see them. Unfortunately, he died
a couple of years ago from the A.I.D.S virus. A
great loss as he was only 39 (I think)

Best wishes,

Ian Belsey. Voice technician. Bromley, Kent, England

1784 Re: Vocal Masterclass thomas mark montgomery   Fri  5/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com