Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Feb 11, 2002  12:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help please..Breathing problem.

>I always heard that when we inhale, our waist and
>belly must expand. But my teacher tells that my rib cages must expand. The
>problem is, when I expand my rib cages, my belly goes inside.?? And when I
>give my breath while my rib cages are open(and trying not to close them) I
>feel pain in my bach. I'm so confused. This teknic doesn't seem natural to
>me. And I need help.

I am guessing that you are bringing into your attention all sorts of
things that ought to be allowed to function more freely. Yes, the
ribs exapnd, but I don't think that it is useful to have an
_intention that they expand. For a different approach that could help
you learn to _allow your breathing to happen rather than _make it
happen, take a look at a previous post of mine in which I describe a
short lesson designed to help improve one's breathing:

16077

Good luck,
John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink