Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sun Feb 10, 2002  11:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Too much vibrato

I too occasionally suffer from this problem, and I know exactly what I
need to do to fix it:

1) "Place" the sound more forward;

2) Keep my sense of "support" very low, i.e., between my legs.

My tremolo problem tends to happen when I allow the "placement" to slip
further back in my mouth, and when I start "muscling" the support from my
abdomen.

A simple slight clench of the buttocks always seems to do the trick to
refocus my "support".

Your mileage may vary.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
What lies behind us, and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17327 Re: Too much vibratokerubiino   Sun  2/10/2002
17415 Re: Too much vibratoIan Belsey   Tue  2/12/2002

emusic.com