Vocalist.org archive

From:  "kerubiino" <kerubiino@h...>
Date:  Sun Feb 10, 2002  10:35 pm
Subject:  Too much vibrato

I have recently enjoyed a long period of 'good voice'. Also my
technique has been excellent, allowing me to expand my rep to new
pieces. (We all know how great it is to be able to tackle something
that so far has been out of reach!) I have also been getting into
bigger volume.

However, a new problem has surfaced: I have too much vibrato. The
voice is otherwise good, but if I were to draw it, it would be a
forward line with a constant ripple. My teacher tells me to not
overdo my support - he tells me to 'do nothing' with the diaphragm,
but I have been unable to fix this so far. I have had a tendency to
use a bit too much air generally, which might still be part of the
problem.

Would anyone care to suggest remedies?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17320 Re: Too much vibratoGreypins@a...   Sun  2/10/2002
17322 Re: Too much vibratokerubiino   Sun  2/10/2002
17324 Re: Too much vibratoKaren Mercedes   Sun  2/10/2002
17327 Re: Too much vibratokerubiino   Sun  2/10/2002
17415 Re: Too much vibratoIan Belsey   Tue  2/12/2002
17326 Re: Too much vibratoGreypins@a...   Sun  2/10/2002

emusic.com