Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 8, 2002  4:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: What to wear for school auditions

In a message dated 02/08/2002 8:21:59 AM Central Standard Time,
jenni@G... writes:

<< I am also of the "no pants club" when auditioning, if only because I had a
soprano friend in undergrad who got several unfavourable comments in a
competition because she wore pants.

When I was in grad school, we took a one-semester course run by the voice
dept faculty on practical matters for singers -- taxes, health, audition
clothes, etc. One girl came in with this palazzo pants jumpsuit thing in
which the pants were about the level of a ballerina skirt, which looks
atrocious with pants, if you ask me! Plus it just looked like she'd
forgotten to dress for the class's session so when the faculty asked for
comments from the class, I asked her if she'd forgotten to put on her
audition clothes that day (since I had). Man, did I get the hairy eyeball
from her. I was sincere! I really hadn't thought ANYONE would dress like
that for an audition!!

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com