Vocalist.org archive

From:  Fiona Chow <fionat@i...>
Date:  Fri Feb 8, 2002  12:18 am
Subject:  what to wear for auditions?

Hello,

I'm going to be doing some grad school auditions and thought I'd check in on
what you all think of how one should dress. Yes, I have done a fair amount
of auditioning, but I also come from Vancouver, Canada, and while I'm not
saying we're backwards or anything (ha!), I know full well each part of the
world has different customs!! I did a summer program in Eastern Canada a
couple of years ago and found that most people dressed casually (shorts,
jeans, etc) to the rehearsals/classes, and then I did another program last
summer in California and the participants dressed semi-formal (skirts,
blouses). Of course, these same better-dressed ones were also older on the
whole, so who knows.

Anyhow, I'd appreciate your imput. Some people also say one should wear a
suit to an audition - especially opera auditions. Some say, a shorter
skirt, some say floor length. Mind you, these are school auditions, not for
an opera director!

Fiona

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17297 Re: what to wear for auditions?Karen Mercedes   Fri  2/8/2002
17344 Good first roles for budding soubrettesKaren Mercedes   Mon  2/11/2002
17302 Re: what to wear for auditions?Molly S   Fri  2/8/2002
17305 Re: what to wear for auditions?Laura Ruiz   Fri  2/8/2002
17307 Re: what to wear for auditions?Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  2/8/2002
17308 Re: what to wear for auditions?Imthurn Melinda   Fri  2/8/2002
17310 Re: what to wear for auditions?leskayc@a...   Sat  2/9/2002
17316 Re: what to wear for auditions?lolipastor@a...   Sun  2/10/2002

emusic.com