Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Wed Feb 6, 2002  2:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause--and PROGESTERONE

bethwalk@s... writes:

> Laura,
> I heard Dr. Abitol (the ENT mentioned in the article) speak about three
> years ago. He did indeed mention that the synthetic version of
> progesterone was the problem and to be avoided if possible

I find this very interesting. I am a former OB nurse and have a really good
relationship with my gyn doc as we used to work together. Several years ago
I asked him about the "natural" progesterone (I know that I have a
progesterone deficiency-I had a hard time staying pregnant back when and
still have some symptoms related to this regarding my period) and he assured
me that the "natural" progesterone was nothing but hogwash-didn't work at
all. Now I realize that he is not all-knowing and I am certain that he has
never given the menopause-voice issue a single thought and probably never
will. But I would be interested in hearing from some of our List Doctors
what they think about this. I believe that the hormone progesterone has a
lot to do with post-partum affective disorders and also PMS. If the natural
compounds are without harm then they do a lot of good to women young and
older who might have imbalances. If it could help maintain the voice then I
know I would be taking it!!

Docs?????

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17260 Re: HRT and PROGESTERONEJohn Messmer, M.D.   Wed  2/6/2002

emusic.com