Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Tue Feb 5, 2002  11:13 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Weighty Issue??

I honestly don't think that weight has ever been a factor in my singing.
Over the last ten years my weight has ranged from just about what it should
be for my height and frame to my current status as much heavier than I
should be for health reasons. The extra weight has affected many other
things in my life, but right now I'm singing as well or better than I ever
have, so I don't really think it has affected my singing. Oddly enough, the
one area I thought it would be a factor in is breath management, which right
now is also as good or better than it has ever been. Not that the extra
weight has helped, I think I've just finally learned how to breath
efficiently. So while I recognize that it's not good to weigh this much for
many, many reasons, singing is not one of them.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano