Vocalist.org archive

From:  "taylor23ferranti" <taylor23f@h...>
Date:  Tue Feb 5, 2002  5:36 am
Subject:  New Publication on Cornelius Reid

Hello Listers,

Reid's wife Donna told me the new book will be out sometime in mid-
late June. The book is titled: "The Modern Singing Master: Essays in
honor of Cornelius L. Reid." Many of his former students took part
in the book. My pedagogy mentor, Dr. Stephen Austin, wrote a chapter
on the two-register theory. Reid himself wrote a chapter on his
journey through sixty-two years of teaching voice. That's estimated
at over 100,000 lessons taught!!
Man....I'm lucky enough to get through five lessons in a row...but
ten to fifteen EVERYDAY......INSANE!

To order go to scarecrow.com and search for Cornelius Reid.

Take Care All,

Taylor L. Ferranti
Certificate of Vocology
DMA Candidate