Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu May 18, 2000  5:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 1st recital, longish, sorry, with 2 questions

Dre,
All I really want to say is : congratulations on your recital. I see no
reason why you should not continue to sing both Mozart and your
Sch-composers, especially since it is clear that you are gradually gearing
up to do those two Schumann cycles. I think Richard Miller feels only a
tenor should sing 'Dichterliebe' because of timbre and key relationships,
and you are one! Personally I disagree and hope to perform the cycle this
summer.
I wish I could have heard you, especially since I too have been 'flying
solo' in the voice study dept. with hopefully good results. john

At 07:23 AM 5/18/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Dear list,
>
>after having worked very very hard for four months,
>having read hundreds of emails from vocalisters, and
>having tried many things I've read here, I gave my
>first recital (for program see below). ...
...>
>Many greetings and thanks,
>
>Dre

John Blyth