Vocalist.org archive

From:  "nfiniti2001" <nfiniti@n...>
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  7:00 pm
Subject:  Ave Maria Higher or lower keys

I am currently learning the Ave Maria. My instructor has been
teaching me in the key of C. Today while fooling around with a midi
file in Cakewalk software, I kept transposing the song until I
reached F Sharp. I felt very free the higher I went. I then found
another version in A Natural which was also comfortable. I find the
key of C harder to sing. Is this because of my voice break?

Another thing that I notice is that when I hit these high notes I
feel pressure and hear a whoosing sound in my ears. I do have chronic
earaches so I guess it is the fluid swooshing around. It gets
distracting though. I would like to know what the difference in keys
means as far as being for a particular voice type.

Nfiniti

emusic.com