Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  11:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: horne vs. von stade, was: menopause

In a message dated 02/02/2002 1:36:30 PM Central Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

<< There are other full mezzos who are head based, (like Borodina, for
instance).The types who have very full head based tones, even down to the
their lower ranges. These types tend to be women who are larger in stature;
more barrel-chested and big. ( I am tall and slender.) >>

Where would you put Larmore and Troyanos? My voice has been liked in some
respects to FvS and also to Troyanos. I try to avoid head/chest terminology
- I find that there are some students of mine who work best when we come from
a chest place - usually little soprano voices that don't have much meat to
them. They're the ones who have to learn to find chest voice because they've
avoided it so much. Other singers have too much bottom and with them, top
down works better. It all depends.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com