Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  12:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

In a message dated 2/1/2002 1:42:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

> She also favored more light mechanism registration in her middle registers,
> which is a huge component of developing a wobble. If the tone is not based
> on
> speech and if it doesn't have enough heavy mechanism in it on the lower
> pitches, it is out of registration, will lack a solid foundation of speech,
>
> and begin to wobble.

tina,

it appears that you agree with me on this. concerning horne and von
stade, i think of horne as being all or, mostly light mechanism and von stade
being speech based. horne has even said (hines' "great singers on great
singing") that she would imitate men singing in falsetto. von stade, to me,
almost sings like a boy (her singing always reminds of the smell of a candle
store).

mike

emusic.com