Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Fri Feb 1, 2002  1:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Off Topic: Pseudo Opera and What's Next?

Lloyd:>Of course it is relative. That is correct. The very statement that
Opera is the fastest growing performing art form is, by definition,
relative.<

And I forgot to do this calculation: 1+1=2 (100% increase); 2+1=3 (50%
increase); 3+1=4(33.3% increase), and so on, what makes the whole thing even
more relative.

>There is no question that pop art, if that is the proper term, is the
most popular art form in the West but of all the art forms, Opera is
growing at a faster rate than all of the others. Consequently, even
if that growth rate belies the total involvement in other forms, it
certainly also contradicts the often stated theme in this thread that
opera is dead and needs to be replaced with some new form of pseudo
opera.<

Have you really been following these threads? That has never been said,
neither in "Pseudo Opera" nor in "What's next?".

>The difficulty I see with the discussion in this thread is that it
represents more personal likes and dislikes and less facts and
reality.

Although personal likes and dislikes were also mentioned, they were never
the point either.

Best wishes,

Caio

emusic.com