Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 1, 2002  1:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Off Topic: Pseudo Opera and What's Next?

In a message dated 1/31/2002 6:43:59 PM Central Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> And you replied:
> >So is the Chinese economy in the last 10 years. The difference is that
> when
> >the US grew 1% in 3 months it grew a whole China.
> >
> >Caio
>
> COMMENT: What did you mean by this statement. I am unable to
> understand what you are trying to say. Please elucidate.
> --
> Lloyd W. Hanson
> Flagstaff, Arizona

Well, for once I think I understand what Caio means. It's all relative. If
you're coming from nothing (example you have one theater and add a second)
and grow somewhat the growth can seem huge when you look at it percentage
wise. Compared with someone who has 1 million theaters and adds 100,000 the
growth rate compared to the one theater that doubles to two is much smaller.
Growth rates are very misleading many times. When it comes down to it opera
in America is still a fringe artform.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17142 Re: Off Topic: Pseudo Opera and What's Next?Lloyd W. Hanson   Fri  2/1/2002
17157 Re: Off Topic: Pseudo Opera and What's Next?thomas mark montgomery   Fri  2/1/2002

emusic.com