Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Feb 1, 2002  12:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Off Topic: Pseudo Opera and What's Next?

Lauren and Vocalisters:

As I understand it this conclusion is based on a variety of factors
such as the increase in the number of regional opera companies and
the major increase in attendance at opera performances.

To quote from their own information:
"OPERA America serves and strengthens the field of opera
by providing a variety of informational, technical, and administrative
resources to the greater opera community. Its fundamental mission is to
promote opera as exciting and accessible to individuals from all walks of
life."

"OPERA America's membership includes 169 Company
Members around the world, plus over 290 Affiliate and Business
Members, and 2,000
Individual Members from 48 US states, 7 Canadian provinces, and 19
countries abroad, representing Australia, Asia, Europe, Africa, North
America, and South America."

Their URL address is: http://www.operaam.org/

--
Lloyd W. Hanson