Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  9:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

Leslie wrote:

> http://www.scena.org/lsm/sm6-4/menopause-en.html

<<I found this very interesting, if not a little frightening. Since it has been
only in the past few years that I even discovered that I was a soprano, then,
after having voice surgery that added LOTS of notes to my range I feel like I
only just now acquired this voice, and since I am 44 years old it might not be
with me for long ................I am not ready for this!!!!!!!
Any "mature" female vocalisters out there want to share their experiences? >>

Well, I'm not quite there yet (though I'm getting there, being 1 year past the
half-century mark as of this week, and having experienced some of the
"symptoms"). But I'm singing better now than I ever have. When I recently sang
a solo at church, my director said to me how young my voice sounds compared to
some other singers he knows (not in our choir, of course), younger than me,
whose voices sound much older. I told him it was probably because the singer
with the "old" voice thinks she doesn't have to keep studying voice and working
to improve her vocal technique.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...
You men types can just delete this thread...............:-)

Wishing I was 22,
Leslie

emusic.com