Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  6:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Re: [vocalist] Handel arias?!

TinaO wrote in reference to "Endless Pleasure":
<<I couldn't agree more! What I love about that aria is that it is art
imitating the immediate real life, in that it is a self-absorbed beauty going on
and on about herself, displaying her vanity with cadenza after cadenza. I just
LOVE the parody of it.>>

Tina - I think you mean one of the other Semele arias, "Myself I Shall Adore".
Which I also adore. It's quite long, so may not be the best thing for an
audition, but it's definitely on my "list".

"Endless Pleasure" is the aria with chorus that Semele sings at the end of Act
I, right after Jupiter has brought her up to Mt. Olympus.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com