Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@d...>
Date:  Wed Jan 30, 2002  10:36 pm
Subject:  Need some quick help...

Hi all,
I'm trying to do up the program for a recital that I and a group of
people from my opera company are doing on Sunday (I have to get the
program to the printers this afternoon) but I wasn't given short
synopses of what's going on during 2 pieces. I'm hoping someonw might
be able to help me out here.

1. "Oh, qual pallor!" the duet from La Traviata
I have a translation, and I vaguely know the opera, so if I absolutely
have to I could probably come up with something myself, but I don't know
the opera THAT well.

2. "Steal Me Sweet Thief" from The Old Maid & The Thief
Again, I have the words, and I've seen the opera once, but don't feel
entirely comfortable with writing a brief synopsis of what's going on
here.

I did try aria-database.com, but the script doesn't seem to be working.
I get errors everytime I initiate a search. Very frustrating. It's
such a great resource, I hope it can be fixed sometime soon.

Thanks in advance!!!

Laura Ruiz

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17106 Re: Need some quick help...Karen Mercedes   Wed  1/30/2002
17122 Re: Need some quick help...peggyh@i...   Thu  1/31/2002

emusic.com