Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Jan 29, 2002  6:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Liz's weird ears

You win! I heard Mel Blanc live in a talk at Susquehanna University around
1980. (My sister Chris, who graduated there, says that he attracted the
biggest attendance they ever had for a speaker.)

I just thought the late, great Mr. Blanc would be an interesting element to
introduce in the whole debate over who performs in a "normal" voice.

[But now I'm wondering: Was that in fact his "natural" voice, or just one
that he reserved for his personal use?]

Elizabeth Finkler
mightymezzo@h...