Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  7:22 pm
Subject:  Liz's weird ears

Lemme see: I'm sufficiently trained to realize that managing a large voice
is not unlike walking a large dog. Can anyone explain why all THESE singers
sound good to me?

Rosemary Clooney (George's auntie)
Bessie Smith
Billie Holliday
Patsy Cline
Dawn Upshaw
Marian Anderson
Jeannette MacDonald
Just about EVERYONE on the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack
Etta James
Ivy Anderson
Don Juan el Gato Magnifico y Hermoso de Finkler (MY cat!)

Bonus question: What was Mel Blanc's normal speaking range?

Elizabeth "Dangerous When Bored" Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
"This would be a better world for children if the parents had to eat the
spinach." --Groucho Marx

>From: Andrea K
. It's better than trying to
>appeal to a small group of critics whose standards are so narrow and
>restrictive that very little gets through the filter.

17038 Re: Liz's weird earsVicki Bryant   Tue  1/29/2002
17063 Re: Liz's weird earsElizabeth Finkler   Tue  1/29/2002

emusic.com